Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

VBS

8-3-13

Today Pastor Peter from ARM came to breakfast at Adonai House to see how Canby and Kachungwa are and to update us on Gaba.

After that, we went to The City Church in Luzira (Alex's church) to do VBS with the kids until 4PM. The last number I heard of kids that signed up was 420, but some didn't register. They started with music and drama and choirs. We led them in the largest musical chairs game in history!
We went to Alex's house for lunch, where we had chapatti (a flat bread), and then back to the church for outdoor games. They liked Simon Says and Red Light/Green Light in our group.

We also met a child my mom asked me to sponsor for her, Hiba. She is the last total orphan in the area that needed a sponsor. PTL! She lives with her uncle and is in Alex's clan. She was scared to meet a Mazungu at first, but warmed up quickly and got to eat lunch with us. She's a tease.

I met a boy named Moses who asked me to remember him.
We also met our 5th sponsored child, Kevin. His dad is dead and his mother is Muslim. He has 1 brother and an uncle nearby. He was very shy. He took off to take his gift home and Brandon followed him and took a picture of his mother. They have a tiny shop that sells fruit and dried fish to the neighborhood. Later we bought some food for them and Brandon took me to see the shop.

Ken spoke at the crusade tonight about how God provides the way for us. Julie & Ralph gave testimonies. A number of the kids from the VBS were at the crusade, including Moses. He was telling me about how our home is in heaven and we are just visitors here. He's a funny kid. I don't think he has many friends. He wants to be a Christian, but he says that Lucifer makes him be bad too much. He says his mom doesn't want him to be either. I told him if he wants to be a Christian, then be a Christian and that Jesus beats Lucifer every time. I hope he believes me and gets saved. He asked me for a fingernail so he could remember me.

Love in Christ, Danelle Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment